Whether you rent or own your facilities, we help you lower your operating costs and attract customers.
Most businesses don’t have the resources or time to baseline resource use, apply for government and utility grants, rebates and tax breaks, or submit required post-implementation improvement reports.
Your business can reduce operational costs of electricity, water and gas use through eligible retrofits.
We’ll help you get the best return on your investment by getting government rebates to update equipment; improve insulation, air sealing, and ventilation; and add solar power generation.
By investing in these improvements, you’ll attract customers and improve employee satisfaction.
We provide hourly or fixed price services, depending on our customers’ needs.
Find out about the ROI of working with us to baseline your consumption, plan improvements and apply for rebates.
Ontario’s Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) and service providers have rebates for businesses that make energy improvements.
Which businesses can participate
You can participate if you own or lease a commercial space or building such as
- Multi family buildings: apartments, condominiums
- Commercial: offices, retail, grocery stores, restaurants, hotels and warehouses
- Institutional: hospitals, universities, municipal facilities
- Industrial: food and beverage, automotive, plastics, steel, mining, paper and chemical
- Agricultural: dairy, swine, poultry farms, greenhouses, nurseries
Which retrofits are eligible
The following retrofits are eligible for rebates
- Lighting controls
- HVAC redesign
- Chiller replacement
- Variable-speed drive installations
How much money do we get back
The following costs are eligible for rebates
- Equipment purchased
- Third party installation labour
- Costs to dispose or decommission replaced equipment
What is the timing
How do we find out more
What help can we get
We can help you at any stage of your electricity retrofit project.
Have Enbridge audit your business to be eligible for up to $100,000 per project, representing up to 50% of costs, of your energy retrofit.
Your company can gain valuable energy knowledge to lower costs of day to day operations and to get the most out of capital expenditures by getting training through the Strategic Energy Manager (SEM) program.
Get up to $10,000 in rebates from the City of Ottawa to replace toilets, urinals, spray valves, dishwashers and washing machines
- if you’re a business in Ottawa operating in an industrial, commercial or institutional facility built before 1996, and using over 25,000m3 of water annually,
- if you operate a multi use residential building with 6 or more units can receive up to $10,000 in rebates
Projects must be completed within 18 months.
Businesses can claim 100% of the expenses incurred in Year 1 on your corporate tax return for energy conservation or clean energy generation, through the Canadian Renewable Conservation Expense (CRCE).
Contact us to find out if we can help. If not, we’ll try our best to provide you a resource or person who may be able to help you.
Serving Almonte – Arnprior – Barrhaven – Calabogie – Carleton Place – Carp – Dunrobin – Greely – Kanata – Kemptville – Manotick – Mississippi Mills – Nepean – Osgoode – Ottawa – Pakenham – Perth – Petawawa – Renfrew – Richmond – Smiths Falls